We are looking for businesses to help launch a local alert system in their area. The need for this service across the US is only increasing each day and you can feature prominently as the local champion of such a valuable public service.
We provide the tech - you simply say you're interested in helping let local people know it's available eg posting some prepared images on social media or putting up a flyer in a window.
Local Alert System
After 6 months of rigorous testing, we are rolling out the Local Alert System across the US from Sept 2023. We currently have the capacity to get 20 towns set up and "alert live" each month, so must go where the initial community interest and confirmed support are greatest.
Here are just some of the local alerts we've seen...
NB: One of our partners (featured heavily in the benefits on this site) was voted #1 lifesaving application in January 2022 by the National Disaster Expo, endorsed by FEMA and The Red Cross. They are an official Weather Ready Nation (WRN) Ambassador and part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) partners who are improving the nation’s readiness against extreme weather, water, and climate events. As a WRN Ambassador, they are committed to work with NOAA and other Ambassadors to strengthen national resilience against extreme weather.
We have a number of Community Alerts and Events systems in our service packages, for addressing different community needs.
Here's how the process works...
- 1A leader (eg Chamber or City Hall person) usually expresses interest on behalf of their community.
- 2That leader or an appointee will then act as the champion for progressing the Local Alert System in their town.
- 3Once sufficient support is received*, we provide the tech and maintenance by setting up the system and ensuring any ongoing technical issues are addressed.
- 4This is a simple, robust SMS and email alert platform. Residents opt in to receive ongoing SMS and email alerts about breaking issues.
- 5The responsibility for choosing relevant local issues for alert status resides in the hands of a single point of contact, a local person, whom we usually call the Community Alert Manager.
- 6We provide the Community Alert Manager with a short training and access to the platform to type a text item into a box whenever needed, followed by pressing "send". The system then sends out a text instantly to all registered residents.
- 7We provide customized social media posts, flyers and other promotional materials to help get the message out in your community, although we have often seen this service spread virally through word of mouth too.
We'll build a page like this for your community...
* We usually gauge local support by offering a number of perennial sponsored positions - max 10 - on the main Local Alert System registration page (see above). These are available for a nominal $50pm each and offer prime branding and goodwill for proud supporters - and funders - of such a valued public service and community safeguard.